The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for the planning and management of various projects and initiatives to increase the organization’s brand awareness and motivate external audiences. The specialist will identify, create, write, and publish engaging content through a variety of channels, including social media, websites, email, and print materials.
As a key member of the marketing unit, this position will also help in the unit’s work developing and implementing a broader marketing and communications strategy. This is a full-time position located in Boston, MA.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within a collaborative team environment, the specialist will partner with other marketing and communications staff to steward the organization’s brand and express it in the most exciting and effective ways for external audiences. The specialist contributes to the creation and publication of multi-platform content, and will be accountable for but not limited to the following key responsibilities:
- Execute integrated marketing and communication strategies based on a shared understanding of the Children’s Trust, including mission and values, as well as brand strategy; key audiences and stakeholders; and communications channels
- Curate and generate creative, engaging content that meets objectives for multiple audiences, including legislators, donors, program staff and participants, and others
- Develop and implement a digital media strategy and workplan, to include social media, web, and email, outlining measurable outcomes as part of the overall marketing and communications strategic plan
- Act as primary creative director and develop content calendar for the Children’s Trust’s social media channels
- Create and manage digital campaigns and social media ad budget
- Manage and update childrenstrustma.org, healthyfamiliesma.org, and any campaign-based websites or landing pages
- Administer the organization’s email efforts, including email list building and management
- Write and manage production of the annual report and print newsletters
- Engage in marketing and promotion of fundraising events and campaigns
- Monitor engagement with our content and share reports, insights, and recommendations to improve and optimize
- Continue to develop discipline expertise, remain up-to-date with industry best practices, and share skills and knowledge with fellow team members and program partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to write for different audiences and channels
- Creativity, goal-orientation, productivity, enthusiasm, and an ability to effectively articulate the mission of the Children’s Trust are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and build relationships to gather program stories and content
- Attention to detail and quality at all times
- Ability to analyze reports, determine business needs, and propose feasible solutions to challenges
- Experience with web content management systems (Craft preferred), email marketing software (Cvent preferred), Google Analytics and Google Ads
- Ability to prove ROI across multi-channel campaigns, including digital, print, out-of-home, etc.
- Experience using data to tell a story that can be communicated internally in an easily digestible way
- Familiarity with nonprofits and/or social services preferred
To apply, please visit MassCareers Job Opportunities.